Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Monthly Menu: November. More Paleo Suppers!

Hooray! The monthly meal planning is done--and the groceries were bought and paid for today!

Our local grocery stores offer 10% off the entire grocery bill the first Tuesday of the month. For years, now, I have been planning what we will eat for the month in order to be able to pick up our meat and pantry items and take advantage of it. After I shop, I bag the meat into meal-sized portions and freeze it.

Here is the menu plan for this month:



NB: I am the only one in the family of four (two teenagers, two adults) committed to eating a "paleo" diet. Any inclusion of honey, potatoes, rice and buns in the dinners below is for the other members of my family.


Nov 5: Roast chicken with parsnips, carrots, sweet potato and red potatoes (for the non cave members of the family). Recipe: Roast Chicken with Root Vegetables

Nov 6: Ground Beef Chili on spinach (or rice). Spaghetti squash. From It Starts with Food, p. 264

Nov 7: Pork Chops w/Apple Cider sauce, (p. 77 LC) broccoli, cauliflower rice, roasted root veggies.

Nov 8: Roast Chicken Thighs (stuffed with diced mild onion and minced garlic), mashed potatoes, spinach, squash.

Nov 9: Roasted Herb Salmon Filets, (p. 140 LC) sweet potato, rutabaga and potato oven fries, broccoli.

Nov 10: Roast Lemon Chicken, butternut squash, carrots, potatoes, spinach.

Nov 11: Ham, Roasted beet and onion salad, potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes

Nov 12: Chicken w/Honey Mustard Mayo, (p. 219 LC) mashed potatos, leftover squash, broccoli

Nov 13: Pork Carnitas, carrots, green beans, potatoes

Nov 14: Slow Cooker beef stew.

Nov 15: Chicken w/Apple Cider sauce, (p. 77 LC) broccoli, cauliflower rice, roasted root veggies.

Nov 16: Mark Bittman's Shrimp Stir-fry (modified).

Nov 17: Ground beef and sweet potato hash,

Nov 18: Pork Chops Diane, (p. 68 LC) roasted squash, potatoes, sauteed green beans and mushrooms, spinach salad

Nov 19: One Pot Chicken Drumsticks, broccoli

Nov 20: Cottage flower Pie, sweet potato fries.

Nov 21: Pork chops w/Apple Cider sauce, (p. 77 LC) broccoli, cauliflower rice, roasted root veggies.

Nov 22: Roasted Chicken Thighs with BBQ sauce, spaghetti squash, mashed potatoes, spinach.

Nov 23: Broiled Lemon-Pepper fish, rice, sauteed zucchini and portabella mushrooms, mashed sweet potato.

Nov 24: Roast Chicken and root vegetables

Nov 25: Pork Chops and Squash, (p. 202 LC) potatoes, steamed green beans

Nov 26: Super Simple Chicken Thighs, (A hot oven, about 400 will have to do instead of the grill!), roasted root fries, mayo-free coleslaw.

Nov 27: Salmon cakes, (ISWF) cauliflower rice, broccoli, buns.

Nov 28: Braised Pork Chops, (p. 169 LC) cauliflower rice, sauteed green beans

Nov 29: Chicken w/Honey Mustard Mayo, (p. 219 LC) potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots.

Nov 30: Roasted herbed salmon, (p. 140 LC) roast sweet potatoes and parsnps, rice, broccoli.

Dec 1: Sloppy Bob, rutabaga fries, spinach salad

Dec 2: Pork Chops Diane, roasted squash, broccoli, rice.

Dec 3: Chocolate Chili, cauliflower rice, fried or roasted zucchini sticks.


*LC is Saving Dinner the Low-Carb Way, by Leanne Ely, 2005.
*ISWF: It Starts with Food, by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig, 2012

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I just followed your thread from the Whole9 thread about meal planning.

    I hate meal planning. I wish I loved it, but I get so frustrated trying to figure out what I am going to want to eat on any given day, never mind what my husband and daughter are going to want to eat as well.

    When you meal plan, do you also prep a lot of the food ahead of time, or do you remember to take the meat out of the freezer at the appropriate time (I think that's my biggest down fall)?

    My daughter and I need to start another Whole30, but I think I might need to put it off until I have a freezer full of meat so I am less frustrated.

    Thanks for sharing your meal planning tips!

    ReplyDelete