Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wednesday Weigh-In: Adjusting

Today:
HW: 252.6 (Sept 30, 2012)
CW: 212.0 (-1.0 change from last week)
GW: 140's
Height: 5'5
Age: 49

Last week:
HW: 252.6 (Sept 30, 2012)
CW: 213.0 (+7.0 change from last week)
GW: 140's
Height: 5'5
Age: 49

I came off the whole 30 two weeks ago and attacked sugar and salt like I had never seen it before and didn't know what it could do to me. And that's OK. No, really. I went on the whole 30 to kick start a stalling weight loss. That happened--but once it was over--it stopped happening. And that tells me I need to find something I can live with on an on-going basis.

Given that this week I lost a pound while not attacking the chips and candy (but not exactly eliminating them, either) I know that a reasonable diet will be fine. I have decided to do two things:
1) record my food in a food diary perhaps by taking pictures of it, and
2) watching my starches and having low carb days from time to time.

I do want to mention the mental struggle I am having, too. I have lost a lot of weight. To me, I look thinner. I look great! I walk by a mirror and can not believe how good I look.

But, last night, I went into Wally's world and tried on some clothes. I did NOT look great! I looked just awful, as a matter of fact. It was good. It showed me that I don't yet have the body I want to have. So, I am motivated, once again, to figure this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment