Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wednesday Weigh In: "The Whole 30, Week 1" Edition

First, the stats:

HW: 252.6 (Sept 30, 2012)
CW: 212.6 (-5.6 change from last week)
GW: 140's
Height: 5'5"
Age: 49

I had been thinking about going back to following the Whole 30 protocol since the beginning of March. After last week's post, I committed to it for just one day. Then, the next day, another. And so it went until Saturday-- I was going to be somewhere for lunch where I had no idea whther I'd find something suitable to eat-- when I decided I didn't want to quit. Easter is coming. I've told my husband he's welcome to get me the Ester chocolate after Easter --on sale!

My energy levels are beginning to come back up. I am quite tired at night, though and I have been resisting it somewhat. I really must stop that and go to bed when my eyes burn!

I woke up at 6am this morning (never happens) and decided to get up, anyway. (Also never happens!) It is unusual for me to feel adequately rested after only seven hours of sleep. Last fall, if you look at the daily logs for November, I was sleeping up to nine hours a night! But then, the days are getting longer, now, not shorter!

I am feeling good. Not fantastic. Not yet. I truly do not understand how what I eat can have such a noticeable impact on my emotions and feelings--even though I know intellectually that metabilism is a process of the endocrine system just as much as my emotions are. But I have never thought of it this way before. It is quite the thing to wrap my head around. Food affects my mood. I imagine I'll be grappling with this one for a while, as layers of it unfold for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment